Automakers have been making major investments in American manufacturing following the 2016 President Election and Chrysler isn’t about to be left out. The manufacturer announced that it would spend $1 billion to update plants in Michigan and Ohio. The announcement of Chrysler’s $1 billion investment comes with confirmation of several new vehicles in the brand lineups as well.
Fiat Chrysler’s manufacturing plant in Warren, Michigan will see modernization across the board as well as the capability to produce a full-size pickup. The Michigan plant will also produce other large vehicles, such as the returning Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.
As for Ohio, the Toledo Jeep plant will see a plethora of new equipment that will allow it to create the recently-announced Wrangler pickup.
The investment will bring 2,000 new jobs to Warren and Toledo as well as the surrounding areas.
Renewed confidence in the American automotive market comes with the increase in demand for trucks, crossovers, and SUVs. The investment comes as a major step towards adding two new large SUVs and a pickup to the Jeep lineup.
The automaker officially announced the return of all three vehicles at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show.
We here at Slingerland CDJR Fiat are happy to see such a large investment in United States manufacturing!
Now that winter is in full swing here in Michigan, roadways will routinely be slick, icy, covered in snow, or all of the above. Slingerland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT has some safe winter driving tips to help you get through the season safely.
- Switch to winter tires. Even if you don’t frequently encounter heavy snow, winter tires can make a big difference on winter roads. They are made from a special rubber blend that stays pliable even under frigid conditions.
- Have an emergency kit. You never know when winter weather will get the best of you and leave you stranded on the side of the road. Keep an emergency kit filled with lots of gear, such as a warm blanket, a flashlight, shovel, spare cell phone, and battery, as well as snacks.
- Leave some space. Even if the road looks clear, there could be black ice that can be difficult to stop on. Keep extra distance between you and the car in front of you and slow down. Then, if you do need to stop, you’ll have room to spare in case there is an emergency.
- Tell people where you’re going. Let people know where you’re headed. In case you don’t get there when you should, people can look for you.
If you follow these tips, you can hopefully keep your wheels on the road and arrive safely in the spring.
When Fiat Chrysler announced that they were producing a hybrid minivan, people got excited. Fuel economy and family-friendly space? You can’t get much better than that—especially since this would be the first-ever mass-produced hybrid minivan.
Originally, the Italian-American carmaker estimated that the hybrid minivan would achieve 80 MPGe combined, but it looks like the company was wrong. The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica fuel economy instead received an EPA-estimated combined 84 MPGe, making it by far the most fuel-efficient minivan ever.
“At 84 MPGe, the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid surpasses our initially stated performance,” said Tim Kuniskis, FCA US Head of Passenger Car Brands. “These EPA test results paint a clear picture of the benefits our customers can expect from driving the most fuel-efficient minivan ever.”
Along with this incredible fuel-efficiency rating, the EPA also gave the Pacifica Hybrid a total driving range of 566 miles and an electric-only range of 33 miles. Finally, the all-new minivan also received a Green Vehicle Guide rating from the EPA of 10, which is the highest possible score.
The Pacifica Hybrid combines a 16-kWh lithium-ion battery with an electric motor and the brand’s popular 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine for power. The battery pack can be recharged within two hours using a 240-volt charger and 14 hours with a 120-volt charger.
To find out more about the brand-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivan, don’t hesitate to stop in to Slingerland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat.
Are you dreading an upcoming road trip this Thanksgiving? Thankfully, there is plenty you can do ahead of time to make your life easier. Here are some tips for your upcoming Thanksgiving road trip:
- Take care of any routine maintenance before you hit the road – such as oil changes – and make sure you have enough windshield wiper fluid.
- Keep your eyes peeled for wild animals this time of year, particularly deer, which are likely to emerge from the shadows around dusk.
- Before you go, plot out your route on a map and keep that map with you, in case your GPS navigation system fails.
- Consider packing non-perishable snacks for your trip, so that you won’t be tempted to stop for fast food.
- It’s also a good idea to keep your vehicle well-stocked with fresh drinking water.
- If you are travelling with children, be sure to bring along various methods of entertainment and plan to stop more frequently than you would on your own to stretch small legs and blow off steam.
- Lastly, pack smart, with heavier luggage on the bottom and separate bags for anything you will want during your trip stashed within arm’s reach.
For more safety tips or to spend your holiday season behind the wheel of a brand new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Slingerland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.
Fall is a glorious time of year. The weather is ideal, the scenery is beautiful, and there is plenty of fun all around. Here are some great fall activities in Corunna and the surrounding area.
- 25th Annual Daddy Daughter Dance. On October 19th, at the D’Mar Banquet Center in Owosso, fathers and daughters of all ages are invited to attend this annual dance. Doors open at 6:30pm and dancing lasts until 8:30.
- Make a Difference Day. Memorial Healthcare in Owosso will host Make a Difference Day on October 22nd in the Auditorium from 8am to 11:30. This is even a free mobile food pantry that will also include personal care items, Halloween costumes, and winter apparel.
- Community Halloween. On October 31st in the Community Center Parking Lot, there will be a trunk or treat. Decorate your car and bring lots of candy to pass out. The fun starts at 5:30. In addition, there will be a Halloween party in the Community Center starting at 6:00pm.
- 4th Annual Craft Show. Redeemer Lutheran Church in Owosso will host its 4th Annual Craft Show on Saturday, November 5th from 10am-4pm. The show will include numerous craft vendors from the local area with items for sale.
Do you have any fall events that we forgot? Share the details with us in the comments below.
Tires and oil come with a general idea of when to change them but brakes don’t, causing a major dilemma for many drivers. One of the most important systems in your vehicle, the braking system ensures that normal braking and collision prevention technology can stop the vehicle. Fortunately we here at Slingerland Chrysler can help spot several signs you need new brakes.
• Squeaking – Most brake pads include a small metal piece that creates a high-pitched squeak or screech when it hits the metal rotor. That audible warning is a sure sign it’s time to replace your brake pads sooner rather than later. The sound is generally loud enough to be heard with the windows up but if you blast your music, turn it down for a few miles and listen closely.
• Pulling – While not a sure sign you need new brakes, pulling to one side when braking certainly needs attending to. Pulling could be a sign that there’s something in the brake fluid that shouldn’t be there or that the brake linings are wearing unevenly.
• Vibrating – If the brake pedal vibrates, have your vehicle checked out. Vibrations are a sign of warped rotors or a vehicle out of alignment. It’s better to be safe than sorry, after all, so make a service appointment as soon as possible!
When people think of cooling down on a hot day, one of the first solutions they think of is to play in water. Swimming, boating, going down water slides — it’s one of our favorite summer pastimes. Kayaking is an excellent way to get out on the water, get a workout, and maybe bond with your friends along the way. The Shiawassee River Water Trail is renowned as one of the top places to paddle in Michigan, so get your kayak ready.
Depending on where you go, the Shiawassee River has a number of different sights to see and courses to navigate for a variety of different skill levels. Thanks to the slow current, strong paddlers can easily paddle upstream and then allow the current to carry them back for a relaxing day among nature. Plus, narrow headwaters surrounded by trees allows for an intimate experience with the local wildlife and flora.
From wetlands to fens to open lakes to canyons, the Shiawassee River Water Trail flows through diverse regions with rare and interesting species of birds, fish, mammals, and more. There’s always some new sight to see when kayaking on this long, broad, diverse river, so plan your canoe or kayak trip on these gentle but interesting waters today. Whether you’re with your family or just a couple friends, there’s something here for everyone.
If you’re in the market for a new car, you’ve probably heard about driver assist technologies. However, few consumers actually understand what’s so special about this unique range of safety systems. From Blind-spot Monitoring to Adaptive Cruise Control, driver assist technologies are the future of automotive design.
According to Bankrate, understanding driver assist technologies is fairly simple, because most are designed to boost safety using sensors and computers. Most rely on complex software and radar or cameras to prevent accidents, and some can even partially drive the car for you. If you buy a new car, it’s highly likely that it comes with one or more of these advanced features.
Blind-spot Monitoring is one of the most popular systems on the market, using radar sensors to aid the driver when changing lanes, passing, and being passed. The vehicle will alert you to potential danger using chimes and warning lights.
Adaptive Cruise Control allows you to set a following distance from the car in front of you. This makes it easy to keep up with traffic, and it also works in stop-and-go conditions. Capable of reacting faster than humans, this system will even come to a full-stop should someone in front of you slam on their brakes while you are using cruise control.
ParkView is an intelligent Chrysler product that uses a wide-angle rearview backup camera to help you maneuver even the tightest parking spaces. It’s also great for hooking up to trailers and reversing in general.
Trailer Sway Mitigation pairs with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) to anticipate swaying. It can apply brakes individually and regulate throttle to help you maintain control. This feature is standard on many new models.
These are just some of the many driver assist technologies offered on Fiat-Chrysler vehicles. For more information, ask our experts at Slingerland Chrysler Dodge.