Are you dreading an upcoming road trip this Thanksgiving? Thankfully, there is plenty you can do ahead of time to make your life easier. Here are some tips for your upcoming Thanksgiving road trip:
- Take care of any routine maintenance before you hit the road – such as oil changes – and make sure you have enough windshield wiper fluid.
- Keep your eyes peeled for wild animals this time of year, particularly deer, which are likely to emerge from the shadows around dusk.
- Before you go, plot out your route on a map and keep that map with you, in case your GPS navigation system fails.
- Consider packing non-perishable snacks for your trip, so that you won’t be tempted to stop for fast food.
- It’s also a good idea to keep your vehicle well-stocked with fresh drinking water.
- If you are travelling with children, be sure to bring along various methods of entertainment and plan to stop more frequently than you would on your own to stretch small legs and blow off steam.
- Lastly, pack smart, with heavier luggage on the bottom and separate bags for anything you will want during your trip stashed within arm’s reach.
For more safety tips or to spend your holiday season behind the wheel of a brand new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Slingerland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.